Job Title: HR Administrator
Employment Type: Fixed Term (12 Months)
Hours: 39 Hours per week
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Head office, Bellaghy
About Premier Electrics:
Premier Electrics over the last 25 years has established itself as a leading electrical contractor delivering electrical installation, small works and maintenance projects across Ireland, UK and Europe for a range of prestigious clients in the commercial, industrial, leisure and retail sectors. With offices in Bellaghy (Head Office), Belfast and Dublin, Premier Electrics has built a reputation as an agile, forward thinking, innovative and dynamic organisation that recognises the importance of building lasting sustainable relationships with our clients, whilst placing our people at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role:
As the HR Administrator you will develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of staff in the organisation. You will deal with staff welfare and administration-centred activities, strategy and planning. In the role your aim is to ensure that the organisation employs the right balance of staff in terms of skill and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to colleagues to enhance their performance and achieve the company's business aims.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties will include:
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Provide advice on policies and procedures.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective induction plans.
- Develop training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management processes, e.g. appraisals.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Assist with training and development activities.
- Ensure employees have the right pay and benefits.
- Arranging employee services such as welfare and counselling.
- Promoting equality, and health and safety.
- Maintain employee records.
- Carry out new start inductions.
- Provide HR advice and support on policy and legal requirements.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Remain up to date with relevant statutory framework.
- Manage and book all Health & Safety Training and ensure the records are accurate and up to date.
- Make payments to training suppliers.
- Ensure full compliance on all sites and ensure staff is sufficiently qualified.
- Put together site folders for inductions.
- Keep records and record findings of inspections that have been issued by the H&S Officer.
- Accurately record accidents as reported from the H&S Officer.
- Supply accurate information for monthly board meetings.
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of employment law and HR procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities.
- Enthusiasm and professionalism.
- A self-motivated individual.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
- HR Professional Qualification - CIPD or other relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management Systems.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
The responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com before 5pm on 23rd August 2019.